WC logo MENU
View ThreadPost ResponseReturn to IndexRead Prev MsgRead Next Msg
Feedback
Re: Profile?
Posted By Peter
Date Friday, 27 May 2022, at 9:37 a.m.

In Response To Profile? (Mark Mandell - Gone Round In New Jersey)

Not to be anal, but I've posted on both Main and Turning boards but the profile doesn't show up on either.  Do I need to recreate one a) on each or b) one for all or c) stop being so f'ing picky?

All of the above. ;)

Notwithstanding a glitch in the matrix or rift in the space-time continuum, only one profile is needed for all forums. 

I don't see a profile for Mark Mandell in the database, but there is one for Mark Mandell - Gone Round In New Jersey created on 08/19/2021.

I think what happened is that before moving the forums, your browser was filling that in for you, and when you came here, it was blank so you entered your name, forgetting the profile was actually more than your name.

The boards do not require a profile to post, anyone can using whatever name they like. So your posts are accepted, but your name will not show up under profiles.

The concept of a profile here is really rather simple. It's not like "registering" on most forums. It just keeps someone from posting under your chosen name. 

When you create or edit a profile with a specified name, it ties that name to a password, and from then on, no one can use it without providing the password when posting.

You can either try entering the the full profile name (and password) you created last year, or create a new profile using just Mark Mandell.

Lemme know if either of those works.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name
Your E-Mail Address
Subject
If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later, please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):
Password
 If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box
Accept Terms of Service

View ThreadPost ResponseReturn to IndexRead Prev MsgRead Next Msg

faq
Frequently Asked Questions on using forums

Oneway Manufacturing - Superor Design, Legendary Quality

Messages Hand Tools Turning Classifieds Feedback SANDBOX
Copyright © 1998-2022 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by any meanswithout the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 274, COOPERSBURG, PA 18036