Features Forums w h t b c o f
View ThreadPost ResponseRETURN TO INDEX<PreviousNext>
Hand Tools
Re: What a project
Posted By building Perth, Australia)
Date Monday, 16 May 2022, at 10:20 a.m.

In Response To Why posters disappear (Bill Tindall, E.Tn.)

Thanks Ellis.

I know this looks grand, but I have spent 30 years as a serious woodworker resisting building shop furniture with anything that came close to furniture-grade wood. Even my current bench, which was built 10 years ago, has a base built of roofing timbers (albeit Jarrah). The top, however, is European Oak. 

The case for these drawers was built if cheap Merbau panels from the local borg, and stained to look like Jarrah. The drawer fronts are real Jarrah, but taken from salvage. All the remainder of the wood is from offcuts. The motivation to build something special came from the awareness that I shall be retiring in the not too distant future (although I have just pushed this out a couple of years), and intend to downsize our home ... and shop ... needing to consolidate the special tools with special memories and care for them.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name
Your E-Mail Address
Subject
If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later, please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):
Password
 If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box
Accept Terms of Service

Please read Terms of Use before posting

View ThreadPost ResponseRETURN TO INDEX<PreviousNext>

Sponsors

Lee Valley
Dedicated to finding and developing the best tools in the industry.
WoodCraft
One of the nation's oldest and largest suppliers of quality woodworking tools and supplies.
Woodfinder
Support Us

Advertise Here

Support Us Advertise Terms Privacy DMCA Help Home

Copyright © 1998-2022 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WoodCentral · POB 274 · Coopersburg PA 18036 USA