Turning

Subject:
Re: Chuck??
Response To:
Chuck?? ()

David Walser
Tom -- There are a number of top-quality 4-jaw scroll chuck brands readily available in the US. Of these, my personal favorite is Vicmarc. Vicmarc makes a wide range of chucks, with a wide selection of jaws. The chucks and jaws are available from a number of retailers. The chucks are very well made, accurate, and extremely durable. They also sell at a premium. They may not be expensive, but they ain't cheap, either!

Having said that, my recommendation to you is to look at the Record Power line of chucks. They are a clone of the Nova line of chucks, with a slightly better fit and finish. The jaws from Nova fit the Record Power chucks and vice versa. This gives you a wide selection of jaws to choose from. The chucks are well made and are accurate. I assume that they are durable. I've just not owned mine long enough to speak from personal experience.

As I said, I slightly prefer Vicmarc chucks to my Record Power chucks. But, I have two (it might be three) Record Power SC4 chucks that I got on sale from Craft Supplies USA. I'm very happy with them.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081