Playing with more of the zig zag routing pattern. This was going to be a round ornament with red squares. during a moment of carelessness I let the gouge get into the sphere while it was about an inch away from the tool rest. Bang, massive chunk taken out of the sphere right where the epoxy was. After a brief interlude of Navy language I started turning where the big chuck was. I kept cutting a cove until the hole was gone. So that predicted the shape of the top. Then I decided to continue that cove shape going down the bottom. I really kind of like this now. I think I would prefer a solid color. The red translucent epoxy just doesn't work. All in all it came out pretty good. I dyed the finials to be roughly the color of the epoxy.