Turning

Subject:
Wow! LOTS of great answers here!
Response To:
quick question *PIC* ()

GaryG in MD
First, let me say a sincere "thank you" to you all, for the time and experience you put into your replies. I have to admit this is much more really-good info than I expected to receive. Kudos y'all. I've got a lot on my plate right now -- deliverables due and a trip coming up, so I've got to get my nose to the stone -- so I won't be able to respond to each of you individually, but please be assured that I read them all carefully and intend to copy them all into a Word document for my future "memory". I may even put them into a future newsletter as a "YMMV" article, but if I do, I'll ask your individual permissions. Dennis and I did that once to very good effect with his "successive approximations" sphere-turning method.

Second, I am very encouraged to learn that I can do the fuming with the household product. I'll go right out and buy a new bottle and give it a try. That's the best of all worlds -- cheap, quick, simple, and hopefully effective.

Thanks too, for all your thoughtful caveats and concerns about possible variations in results -- just the kinds of things I wanted and needed to hear.

I feel comfortable that I'm going to get an "interesting" positive result, and one that I expect to be able to appreciate.

Dennis, thanks for the photos -- at a thousand words apiece, that's quite a treatise! I wish I had known this about cherry a year ago -- I went to a lot of trouble darkening a box lid by other means, and this would have been SO much easier! Live and learn.

I'll be sure to post the results when I get a chance -- but it might be a few weeks, given my other responsibilities. (...sigh..., life sure does get in the way some times.)

...GG

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081