Turning

Subject:
Re: a terrible problem to have

Charlie belden
>Some suggestions, only to help prevent burning the hole in your pocket:

>- Rather than use the Foredom with a recip head, consider an Automach carver which
> with a variety of chisels will easily deplete your extra cash. Fun to use.

Have the foredom handpiece and chisels that does the same thing

> - A second Foredom is better than a second shaft and handpiece.
> I like to keep different bits ready to go. I actually have a third one,
> older, if you want it.

I’ve got a quick change handpiece along with a collet handpiece from my old jewelry making days. And being retired a doing turning is for fun, time not being money. But thanks for the offer of your old foredom.

> - Every woodturner can make good use of a Best Wood Tools carving and finishing stand.
> I use it on every bowl or platter.

Have the Trent Bosch carving stand - the one you can mount a scroll chuck that I traded for several years back and still haven’t used.

- Invest in the future. Donate a bit to Woodcentral!

> - A nice stash of premium wood.

I’ve got more wood than I’ll ever use so I’m giving the best stuff to a few luthiers and the best turners in our club. Turns out the Bradford pear tree trunk, sawn, stickers and stacked them that’s been under a tarp on my driveway for eight years made an instrument makers eyes light up

> - A Vermec sphere jig is the best available (IMO). Also good fun.

I can turn spheres without a jig - another Been There, Done That, Got The T shirt thing.

I like the idea of donating the money to WC. Been a few years since I kicked in to support this place. Will do that tomorrow.

Thanks for the suggestions.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081