Turning

Subject:
dealing with it

John K Jordan
>>> Now I can't go outside for 10 minutes without freezing.

For some reason the silly animals and birds here still want food and water, even when it's cold. I have electric in seven places but they still need to be cleaned and filled. Fortunately, some years ago I put in a geothermal livestock waterer for the horses who drink more water than all the others combined.

I wear insulated coveralls over jeans and liners with a big jacket over that, headgear and insulated gloves.

>>>Maybe this cold snap will kill off some of the invasive bugs eating our trees.

I hope so too. Unfortunately everything I've read points to insect survival. Maybe if it hit -20 for 3 months it would make a difference but then some of us probably wouldn't survive either!

>>>Since the gas likely has about 8-10% alcohol in it already there is no need to dump any more into it since that is what the de-icer is.

Yes. I avoid gasoline with alcohol in vehicles when I can and refuse to use it in small engines. For example, I add a bit of deicer to the sawmill gas tank and slosh it around. I also have an additive I use in my diesel engines. Maybe it's also just alcohol, I don't know.

I am thankful we have a house for shelter - we have heat, electricity and running water on even the coldest days! Let's not forget the person who slept under the bridge last night.

JKJ

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081