Subject:
Re: I Never
Response To:
I Never ()

John K Jordan
>>> go cutting without my wedges. Save much grief

I learned that 15-20 years ago. Wish I’d learned it 20 years before that. I usually carry:

… 5 wedges, small sledge hammer, measuring tape and lumber crayons, file, chaps, hard hat, eye/ear protection, hand saw, axe, oil/fuel, extra saw and/or bar&chain, wrench, screwdriver, prybar, phone or mobile radio. I usually take the little 4wd truck or 4wheeler. And these days, the excavator - what an amazing chainsaw accessory. 😎

Yesterday we had two tall (80’+) hackberry trees come down as one behind the barn, wet ground, winds, threatened but didn’t destroy the fence - one came to rest on the top of a fence post, holding it off the ground. Since it was close I went out with just the excavator and no saw - when I finished both trees were separated, delimbed, off the fence and on top of an earlier pile, and the big hole from the root balls filled in. Tomorrow I’ll take a saw and cut them up into pieces to load into the dump trailer. After using that machine a couple of years it’s hard to imagine maintaining this place without it!

JKJ

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081