Subject:
Re: Is it humor or Irony....
Response To:
Is it humor or Irony.... ()

Larry Rupprecht
Interesting comments. I have those same thoughts as Barry expressed as well as the comment about a businessman selling blue trucks instead of the red color he favors. In my case and in perhaps a large fraction of the many readers [lurkers] of this forum, being retired and not depending on profit from woodworking is a huge factor in forming an answer to Barry's original question.
I know that hitting the perfect item that flies off the workbench for huge profits is a smile stimulator....but do I want to work like a dog to keep up with demand? I find more enjoyment in making and gifting things that stimulate smiles in the recipients. When fund-raisers ask for items for silent and bidding auctions, I try to find a couple items that will sell well [like the blue trucks!] and enjoy the price they bring for a good cause.
And, Barry, if you are taking more than a minute to change drum sandpaper, I still recommend buying the tool to grab that tensioner lever. Especially if your shop-made tool still brings out a couple blue words while in use...... Mr. Tindall has attested to the usefulness of the correct tool several times.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081