Subject:
The trick can...
Response To:
Something missing ()

David Weaver
...the reason I think there's one type of this that appears to have different brands on it is because it comes in a trick can. There's a can within the can, and a mechanism to puncture the inner can to mix the two parts, and then one must spray the contents of any punctured can within a relatively short period of time (for obvious reasons).

I'm going by memory, but the instructions request that you shake the can for a very long time, and I've seen a few posts of guitar finishers suggesting that theirs never cured (they blamed it on the finish, but probably didn't follow the instructions).

It was easy to use on the car.

Your mentioning of a lack of ingredients makes sense - 10% solids didn't (elsewhere in literature, it says 33-35% solids total) based on how much I wet sanded the car before buffing the hood out. Incredible quality as far as hardness and toughness, but it was useful to ask this because had I not, I probably would've sprayed a few guitars with it, and perhaps some at the edge of the garage with the door open - it's just not worth it.

I have asthma pretty much since birth. I see that isos are associated with causing acute asthma or seriously harassing folks who have asthma already and making things worse, and fortunately, I didn't notice anything, so I probably didn't ingest much.

Reading further about the isos suggests that longer term, a setup like mine isn't appropriate because it'll just be absorbed through skin and eyes.

Many accounts on the guitar forums also of people stating that they have no ability to spray outside, but they felt safe because they sprayed in an enclosed garage instead with same precautions they'd use with nitro. Only one poster provided appropriate warning that it links with skin, eyes, etc and most others disregarded.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081