Subject:
Re: SURVEY: Ides of September +8

Henry (Raleigh NC)
I'm not quite in the retirement set the way many other posters are, but my mustache is gray!
I have fallen back on woodworking and home repair skills when needed - as income producers for times there isn't a regular job. But I continue to enjoy the inherent challenges.

What role does "making stuff" play in your life -- making functional things for yourself and others?
things for sale?
artistic statements?
tactual pleasures?
all of the above? Yes
Functional - and hopefully aesthetically pleasing - furniture in our home (family, church). Not so much an artistic statements, but making custom pieces to fit the need/want.

Henry

What are your ambitions for building new skills or reaching new heights of accomplishment?
I typically try to stretch my skill set in projects, and have lots of way left to do that. Embellishments (inlays), dovetails, drawers, casework....

Is there one particular bucket-list project that you would like to do before you go to your great reward (besides amassing all the tools in the world)? Seems to me like a Maloof (or similar) rocker would be one thing I would consider a crowning piece.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081