Subject:
Re: SURVEY: Ides of September +8

al morgan
I got in, because my father was a good woodworker, but only showed me a couple of things...he was a machinist by trade, but was handy with wood working. Anyway, I became an engineer (I are), and got into computer programming work, that was pretty much all mental effort (please no comments), and at the end of the day I realized I needed something to do with my hands...to sort of balance out all that thinking with physical.
Also, I realized I needed to have a hobby to retire to...I've spent the last 20 years getting ready for my hobby by buying woodworking stuff, reading wood working stuff, lurking on this site and others, doing some minor woodworking stuff,and now that I'm retired I found it somewhat difficult to pursue. My ideal of woodworking is to build classic furniture, my wife's is to put up a shelf...somewhat 180 degrees.
I've made a special effort to involve my son in woodworking, something I felt I needed to do, for something for him to do, and something for him to remember our time together.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081