Subject:
Re: The view from 30000 feet
Response To:
The view from 30000 feet ()

Barry Irby
Thank you Bill....

Yes I have bought a bandsaw I know little about. I did not even know Hitachi made bandsaws or that anyone made one like this. I have been struggling with my existing bandsaw for years and decided the solution was a second bandsaw, one for straight cutting/resawing and the other for general use/curves.

I have a few hundred dollars invested in this so far, little enough that if it fails to perform I will not be heart broken or financially ruined.

I want to start learning about the blade but I don't want to start by buying a steel mill. I asked here on WoodCentral in hopes of taking advantage of the vast knowledge base, yours included.

For example, If I buy an inexpensive steel blade and learn to use it, what does that tell me about the performance of a carbide tipped blade? If I find a blade that will slice veneer will it not also resaw drawer sides. I am hoping someone will narrow down the search a bit for me. I tuned up the 3" wide blade and it cuts pretty well, maybe good enough but I am still curious about what is available.

Thanks you for your help.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081