Re: What "style" is this piece?

Sgian Dubh
Based on UK period furniture I'd put it vaguely somewhere in the late Sheraton/ early Regency period, i.e., late 18th to early 19th century. Basically, I'd describe it as a side cabinet with short turned legs, round drops and knobs for pulls and its added square blocking at the internal corners of the doors where the panel is held, plus fluted pilasters.

As to an edge moulding for the top panel, I suggest something in keeping with that period might be an ogee, either cyma recta (my preference), or possibly cyma reversa.

Of course, you may prefer to seek design inspiration from your American antique forms, which do vary quite a bit from the UK styles. Slainte.

Messages In This Thread

What "style" is this piece?
It'll be New Youngian *NM*
Re: What "style" is this piece?
Yes-Some variation thereof-
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.