Subject:
Re: I don't like commenting on visual....but

Alan Young
for the future, consider toning down the the castle nuts on the stand tilt mechanism. These face the audience and I find them slightly distracting.

Gary-I am in some agreement with you. The design dynamic in working with my Dad was interesting-He always approached his work from a mechanical problem to be solved. He also had a good eye for aesthetics-in this case we didn't get to work together for a second iteration-As I mentioned somewhere in an earlier comment this was a prototype-I am very happy with the functionality of the design. I would like the form factor to be @ 80% smaller-this would possibly mean that the interior gearing may go back to a four position rather than five position adjustment. Dad was "really happy" to have found those brass acorn nuts- But a new iteration would probably be better if the mounting hardware and the bracket were of the same material/tone color-perhaps the bracket can be made slightly smaller and in brass?

Also have the musicians mentioned anything about having a raised ledge or a pop up lever on the horizontal piece to keep the music pages from flipping unexpectedly with the prospect of fan air or air conditioning?

I did implement a brass bar along the horizontal ledge on the design for the Salgamundi stands.

I left them off the last two iterations. I've had no comments either way...

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081