Subject:
Re: Stephen Shepherd
Response To:
Re: Stephen Shepherd ()

Rum
You can, I believe, still buy it through his store that he had a relative running for him. A lot of the stuff (spinning wheel parts, etc..) are unfortunately unavailable forever at this point but I think the books are print on demand:

http://www.fullchisel.com/blog/?page_id=1964#!/Full-Chisel-Press/c/1576107/offset=0&sort=addedTimeDesc

The hide glue book is decent, but there was imho a limited amount of information you can write about hide glue (if i was doing more esoteric restorations it would have undoubtedly been more useful).

The Compleat Early Nineteenth Century Woodworker is a useful and interesting book. I have a rather extensive library so it duplicated a lot of other information I had already but its still and excellent book nevertheless.

The book on Shellac, Linseed Oil, & Paint is without a doubt his magnum opus, if I had to pick one of the three this would be it. I definitely learned quite a few things in there that I haven't found anywhere else.

If you're interested in such things his Spinning Wheel Repair book is also quite useful, its small but I picked up a couple of handy tips that stood me well for fixing a couple of problem wheels.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081