Subject:
Re: OT - car tires
Response To:
OT - car tires ()

Larry Clinton At Frankfort, (Central) Indiana
Not worth saving a few bucks to me. I always taught my children one very important lesson about automobiles. I told them to always make sure a car will whoa, with good tires and brakes. A car that won't start or runs poorly won't kill you ~ one with bad brakes or tires can!

I have purchased only Michelin tires for the last 40 or so years. I and my wife drive older vehicles (pay cash for all) and often when the vehicle is replaced the tires have many miles left, but I have never regretted the minor expense for the safety involved.

I recently purchased a used Dodge Van, it is a 2003, one owner garage kept, came with a car cover he said he used when it had to be left outside. (He sold due to purchasing a new Mercedes custom van). It is spotless inside and out with less than 100K mi, I purchased for $5K. He had replaced the tires about 10K before I purchased the van with Cooper, receipt was included with the paperwork he provided for the van. I hate the Cooper tires due to the road noise, and may replace them with Michelin long before they need replacement.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081