Subject:
This is what I have
Response To:
Tell me more..... ()

John K Jordan
>>>John, did you buy this or make it? What is it and what did it cost?

I bought it, although the construction is simple and anyone with some machining ability could steal the design and make one for considerably less than the selling price.

I believe the usual price is about $500-600. I bought mine for less from a friend who is a dealer. I believe there are some knockoffs available, perhaps for less.

Check: http://realsharpllc.com// You can ask Mr Google to kindly give you more info. I believe you can see pictures and videos. Compared to standard belt sander the big advantages of this are the means to hold the blade at a specific angle and move it down the flat and through the curves of the edge, the means to put a gentle and consistent secondary bevel on the edge, the actual grinding/honing belts they provide, the polishing belt, and the graphite backing pad they use under the sharpening/polishing area. The polishing compound looks very much like the white diamond compound that came with my Beale buffing system. I like the very simple but quick and effective means they use to adjust the belt tracking too.

This may sound like I'm advertising for them but I'm not. I'm simply a satisfied user after a couple of years of use.

It is so quick to put a perfect edge on a knife compared to most other methods I've used. I've never timed it but probably takes me no longer than 1 to 2 minutes to sharpen one knife. This is nice when I sharpen the 15 knives most used by the live-in chef. The pocket knives I use around the farm have never been sharper. (I keep six or seven identical knives and just get a sharp one out of the drawer as needed.) BTW, my absolute favorite pocket knife, after trying a bunch: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013AUCUE

JKJ

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081