Subject:
Re: Around me, likely to get 50 cents

TomD
"I am sure you are right. I am not thinking about selling any of it, but this was a matter of curiosity. Part of me thinks this stuff has value and part of me realizes it worth nothing to anybody else."

The problem with large stashes is whether one will ever use them. If you were going to use all that wood and had to buy it, your price would be what you would have to pay, minus what it cost you. That could have a huge economically positive impact for you. But if you have little to no chance, or interest in using it. Or you do, but every project you undertake seems to need some different wood, then you have some choices to make. One of those can be to settle for the wood you a have a little more in some things, if that seems suitable, and that is what many people over the years have done. Or to specialize for a while in things that cane use the wood you have, which may require some help from consumers.

Emotionally we often start loving the stash and end up carrying it. So there is that. A useful idea from pop psych, I think, is does something seem to be upstream or downstream. Are you swimming with or against the current. People who enjoy challenge, sometimes in the form of doing things in an old fashioned way, are often the type of people who swim upstream. That can end up to be a bad, or even unhealthy thing to do.

"I have also realized your stuff owns you. Think about it. You house it, take care of it, repair it. I'm not sure who's in charge."

Stuff you have is certainly to some extent in charge, it all needs something in the run of a year.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081