Subject:
Re: Performax 16/32 Transport Belt Recommendations

Barry Irby
I, along with others here have fought this battle more than once.

I bought one from WoodCraft that was supposed to be OEM and put it on. Could not get it to track. Bought a second one from them and it would not track either. Ruined the first one by scrubbing it against the edge and they would not take it back. Returned the second one when I discovered it would not track and it is NOT OEM. In between those two I bought one of the poly film backed ones. Had to make it so tight to keep it from slipping, I bent the brackets on the machine. It finally crashed (in slow motion) against the frame and shredded itself. It was underneath a wide top where I could not see it at the moment. I finally gave up and called Jet who make the Performax now. Told the guy I had the OEM belt form Woodcraft. He Said, "It's not OEM and I have spent so much time on the phone with people trying to get them to track, I'm not going to waste my time or yours., buy a Jet belt and call me back."

I bought the Jet belt and Put it on and ....... it worked perfectly. Did exactly what it was supposed to do. I was sort of flummoxed. I was geared up for a fight and ...nothing. It just worked and still does.

Unfortunately the belt cost about $90, but it was money well spent. I would do it again. Wasted a lot of time and money on others.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081