Subject:
Fencing *PIC*

John K Jordan
Yikes, here's to best wishes the CPAP will do the trick. I know several people who use that and it worked wonders for them.

I am celebrating!! After weeks of effort I finally finished rebuilding the fence around the horse pasture!

A girl who works with the horses here has been teaching the big gelding Cole and the mare Sienna to jump.

Then Cole decided he should practice on the pasture fence. I put the horses on a dry lot while I ripped out the fence and built a taller one - . The fence is done! If you have never experienced the joy of fencing even a simple fence is a lot of work - this one is nearly 2000 ft of electric fence, wooden posts at key points, 175 metal posts pounded into the ground by hand, three gates, a trench dug to span each gate with undergound cable, three strands on the fence: conductive rope and tape and solid wire in some places for strength.

I like to use the white tape since one horse is blind and MAYBE he can see light/dark - and if he runs into it maybe he won't get hurt too much. (The tape looks twisted since it is - the twist keeps it from fluttering in the wind and wearing out prematurely.)

So nice to get it done. Now I have no excuse for slacking and can get back to work!

JKJ

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081