Subject:
Re: Skunk scare
Response To:
Skunk scare ()

Larry Clinton At Frankfort, (Central) Indiana
There are a few living things I won't share my living space with, these include poisonous reptiles, Skunks, Porcupines (rare in Indiana) and Coyotes. As I now live in a city I call animal control to move such animals.

However my sons now live in rural homes. A Skunk is a good candidate for a .243 at sufficient range to prevent odor transfer. We do have a few reptiles like Timber rattlers, Water moccasins, and Copperheads. A shot shell in my 44 mag or a shotgun is a fair method of ridding those from yards or near by real estate. Coyotes are a fairly large problem in this state, they have been known to kill dogs, poultry, new born sheep, even new born cattle, and could harm a small child. A .243, .308 or 30-06 at long range is a remedy for them as they are very difficult to approach.

I normally don't like to kill anything, but the list above are capable of injuring persons and or domestic animals (and do) or causing a lot of other issues. My middle son had a skunk move under his home, for some reason the skunk sprayed heavily there. The house was almost unlivable for a few weeks. Now he tries to shoot any long before they approach the property.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081