Subject:
Re: Are woodworking books obsolete?

Larry Clinton At Frankfort, (Central) Indiana
I have been an avid reader most all of my life. I did stop taking woodworking magazines as many if not most of the information is repeated from old magazines I already have collected. However I do have a fair assortment of hard back books of woodworking. I will still purchase any I find that don't duplicate those I have. However the younger people, as Bill has indicated seem to use U-tube and internet sites instead of printed material.

Your inability to sell the books may have been caused by your advertising methods. If I wanted to sell any of mine I would turn to the classified dept. here, Ebay and possibly Craig's list type of internet postings and possibly investigate nearby woodworking clubs in order to bring the books to the attention of the people that are interested and involved in woodworking.

Another option, if you are interested in donating the books is to look at local senior citizen retirement communities. In my small town we have Wesley Manor, which is a retirement community. They have a woodworking shop, and I am certain they would welcome any such donations. Another option is (if any of the schools in your area still teach woodworking) would be to donate the books to them. Third option is the local library.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081