Subject:
Thanks for the advice,

Keith Newton
This was a commercial supplier that I've been dealing with for a long time. They won't let us pull our own lumber anymore, so we have to call ahead by about half a day, then go pick up whatever was on top of the stack.

As for their having any procedure, I'm sure they've never had a fire-drill before, because when I found myself with big wads of saturated rags asking for something to put them in, the driver found a cardboard box for me.

When the driver brought my lumber to put on top of the sheet goods, it was short of what the ticket showed, so I pointed it out to the driver. He found another 5/4" board that had fallen off, which finished that thickness, but I was still missing some of the 4/4, so had to stop in the office to get credit. While in there, I brought up what had gone on, and told them about the spill. He acknowledged that he was aware of it. I told him that what they had out there was totally inadequate for this situation, and he said they'll work on that. We'll see.

I've been searching for a good small safety can to replace this one, and surprised by the lack of something better. I guess I'll replace my No-Spill with what I had, then make a dedicated space in the toolbox to protect it from something in there from puncturing or wearing through.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081