Looking for Something?

Subject:
craftsman grinder sharpener

Andrew J. Parker
Last week while at my in -laws I was asked if I had any interest in my father-in-laws sharpening tools he was selling. He had been in the business for the last 25 years and was no longer able to continue due to a stroke and other illness. Most of the equipment is foley and specialized and I am just gettibg into turning so I took a look around. He has a delta wet wheel I may get but i found a craftsman combination grinder and sharpener that used a separate motor. It appeared perfect fro chisels and the like as it was a 30 to 1 reduction from the vertical wheel to the horizontal stone on top. The model # is 101.22670. It is dark grey(probably from the 60's or early 70's) and in new condition with two small jigs. My problem is that when I went to the craftsman site to check on stones etc the model # did not come up. I called sears parts direct(a true lifeline) and they have no record of that # existing. Now I have tools over 60 years old that I can get manuals for and in many cases parts from sears I just never heard of one not existing. OWWM had nothing either. If anyone out there has any info at all I would be very apprecaitive.I will try to post a picture later if I can.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081