Hand Tools

Subject:
Re: Thoughts on this forum

Derek Cohen (in Perth, Australia)
Roger, my good friend, my poorly expressed comment (a while back) seems to have been interpreted as I am leaving the Hand Tool forum. That was not what I intended to convey. I wrote an open letter to David, as many of us did, to encourage him to stay. One of the points I tried to make - clumsily it seems - was that this forum is not particularly responsive to discussing furniture builds, and history reveals that there is more support for theoretical subjects …. such as blade making. If I post a build again, it will likely be to the Messages forum, where builds have more support and interest.

Moses, I agree with Roger’s comment about David: he had a tantrum, grabbed his ball, and left the playground. No doubt David is reading this. So, David, no one asked you to go. Quite the reverse - we asked you to stay. Just post with a little more control, as the sheer quantity and spontaneity of your posts has the power to overwhelm and dominate a forum. I do hope that you take the time to reflect on this, and return with your posts. There is more chance to find others of similar interests here than on a blog hidden away in a corner of the Internet.

Regards from Perth

Derek

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081