Hand Tools

chisel handle forms

bridger berdel
Found a nice chisel at a thrift store yesterday. Cleaned it up and found it a place in the drawer. Realized that it kind of rounded out a "set". That being octagonal forged bolster tapered square tang non- bevel edged bench papers. I've heard them called registered chisels. Whatever, I now have enough sizes to want to group them together. Mine represent several makers. Most are buck brothers, one is something inscrutable with a crown in it's logo and the newest, widest one is w. Butcher. Some have handles, some don't but I'd like to make matching period appropriate handles for them. I think that these are just old enough to be in Warren's window of interest so I'd especially like some feedback from you Warren if you get wind of this thread. Happy to see what any of you come up with though.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.