Hand Tools

Subject:
Re: Larry wrote about these

David Weaver
similar comments, except mine makes a big spark pattern.....I think the open matrix on them and large grit makes it so that they are probably technically a hard wheel, but the big bits and holes come apart easier.

The sparks are fewer but much larger. Sort of like comparing a string of little mini christmas lights to a string of fewer of the old 7 watt bulb types. Something slightly different in mcmaster's wheels vs. the ones at victor, maybe - mine

If they're relatively cool running on a high speed 8" grinder, they should be easier yet on a 6" machine.

Not that you can't burn an edge with them on the high speed 8 if you lean into them, but there's no need to do that (the same is true for CBN - my first ever test with the CBN Wheel was to flip the bevel on a 1/2" timber mortising chisel that someone had on the wrong side of the tool - it was bright orange by the time I ground off a triangle with a base length of over an inch. and the CBN wheel held up fine (which was what I was really looking to test).

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081