Hand Tools

Subject:
Loft beds *PIC*
Response To:
making big junk ()

Bill Tindall, E.Tn.
The versatility of a loft bed may eventually surprise you. I made a bed similar to yours from 12/4 and 16/4 poplar I had left over from an order. Daughter wanted it for her college dorm room to add usable room. I figured she would use it a year and junk it.

It got passed to younger daughter and she used it in a dorm room (the exchange between me and the HR for her floor on whether it met Furman U safety requirements for structural integrity was epic). It was stored then used again by daughter in shared (another female!) apartment.

I thought it was disposed of when daughter bought a house. Nope. It recently came out of storage and used in oldest granddaughter's room, again to add space ( a desk fits under it).

Instead of slats I used a sheet of 3/4 plywood for the mattress support. Granddaughter painted it white and decorated it with the mural and twinkle lights. I have no idea how one lays out that pattern, never mind draw it. The blue is the frame of the bed. I expect it will go to college once again.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081