Hand Tools

Subject:
Re: Who Else Bought "Wiley's Knife?"

Wiley Horne--So. Calif.
Hi David and all,

Thought you was gonna wait til Christmas! That’s what I told myself: I’ll just wait til Christmas like David. But then I saw one offered by an Amazon affiliate—the bone-handled model—like new—for $5. I jumped on it, knowing it was too good to be real. Sure enough, the seller realized before the knife got out the door that some nitwit had mispriced it. Then he had to sit down and write a cock and bull story about why he was cancelling the sale. I decided it was for the best, because I had begun to gloat about it, and the evil eye was sure to take note.

Meantime, I had ordered the Wharncliffe bladed knife that Joe Shelton recommended, the Case Seahorse, the stag-handled model. It arrived, and was quite sharp as delivered. The thing is, this Case knife is an art object. Amazingly beautiful. So far, I can’t bring myself to put the final hone on the blade.

Still gonna get the Fallkniven bone handle. Christmas. David and I can use them to cut electrical cord to length and scrape solder off and such.

Meantime, it’s our 50th anniversary year, so I’m mostly showering my wife with stuff.

That’s it for now.

Wiley

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081