Hand Tools

Subject:
Re: Anyone here made a lap desk?

William Duffield
Years ago, I made one with a sliding top and clipboard from Woodsmith plans. Although I did a lot of research on the Jefferson desk with a hinged writing surface, I never got around to building it. My original desk was designed for a pad of graph paper and drawing tools, but I keep thinking my ultimate desk should hold a laptop, but laptop form factors keep changing. For a while, I was using an iPad, but every time I started to build a portable desk for it, a hardware failure of the pad or its keyboard would change the physical requirements. For a while, I was using the bluetooth keyboard with a cell phone and backup battery, just for taking notes. Currently, I carry a MacBookAir, a mouse (the built-in trackpad is not very useful for graphics), USB hub, data sticks, backup batteries, chargers, camera, tripod, A/V cables, headphones, wireless presenter/laser pointer, pad of graph paper, pens, pencils, eraser, ruler, triangles, compass, dividers, etc., in a backpack like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010DFVFXC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081