Hand Tools

Subject:
Re: *** SURVEY: THE IDES OF MARCH ***

Jerry Nicholson
I probably have my last shop right now. About my only woodworking now is that which is necessary to keep my 50+ year old home from falling apart. I am spending a lot of time diddling computers and working on family history and genealogy. I am also doing more electronics tinkering and have added some new test equipment to that part of my shop recently. Fiddling with 3-D printing has become another interest. I don't plan to sell my woodworking tools any time soon, unless of course health and mobility issues force us to move to a more octogenarian friendly location. Procrastination seems to have become one of my major hobbies. I was going to join procrastinators anonymous but I never got around to it. Another time consuming activity seems to be doctor visits (mostly age related, not due to tool injuries). My wife has met quite a few new health care professionals in the last couple of years.

One friend, now deceased, sold off his wood working and metal working tools when he was in his early 80s. He said he didn't want to leave that task to his wife who might not be able to sell all his stuff for what it was worth.

Jerry

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081