Classifieds

Subject:
Indexing plate *PIC*

Fred in NC
>Before doing this, I contacted Ellis, who graciously allowed me to post this in this forum.

About a year ago I wanted an indexing setup for my Jet Mini. I could not find anything that could just bolt on without drilling the headstock. So I designed my own. The result can be seen in the pic. My posting in the penturner's forum resulted in a lot of inquiries, I made a number of plates for the members of the group. A very few are left.

The plate is made from cabinet grade aluminum, 1/16" thick, and 6" in diameter. It has a 1" hole for the spindle, and 24 holes precision drilled 15 degrees apart. It will fit any lathe with a 1" spindle. The only change needed for a 12" lathe is to make the indexing arm 1" longer.

Behind the plate is a UHMW 1/4" by 2" washer with a 1" hole. The plate is being held with a 1-8 nut, but of course you can use a faceplate or chuck, since the plate is big enough to clear it and allow the indexing pin to go in.

The indexing pin is made from a 10-24 cap bolt, and the end is tapered 5 degrees for a precision fit in the holes.

The "banjo" part that holds the indexing arm is made from hardwood, as is the nut that holds it under the lathe bed.

I have a complete set of instructions on how to assemble and use the plate, plus a drawing of the wood parts and indexing arm. I can also furnish the indexing pin if desired, since it is best turned in a metal lathe.

If you are interested in one of these plates, please email me, just change the "AT" in my email address for the usual "@". Please understand that I will be gone for the Thanksgiving weekend.

Plates are $20, and pins $2.50. I also have some washers left. It all fits in a Priority envelope, well packed in a corrugated cardboard folder.

Thank you for looking, and thanks Ellis !!!

Messages In This Thread

Indexing plate *PIC*
Email address
Re: Email address
ALL SOLD, unless ...
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081