Classifieds

Subject:
Delta 1440 46-715 Lathe near Toledo, OH

Dick Strauss
Hi,
This Delta 1440 46-715 lathe (allowing for 14" diameter and 40" length of wood blanks) has served me well for many years but it is time to upgrade to a larger lathe. The lathe allows for 24 indexing positions. The headstock will pivot to allow for turning larger items and weighs about 300 lbs (not including the custom box that holds 300 additonal #s of sand) so it is definitely not a toy. The headstock spindle is threaded for 1"-8tpi with mt2. The lathe comes with the factory mt2 spur drive and mt2 live center, 12" toolrest and offset post. The original motor has been replaced by a 1.5 hp TEFC Leeson three-phase 1140 rpm motor along with a three step Baldor cast iron pulley set to replace the poorly designed orginal reeves drive system. The motor has the equivalent torque of a 2.25 hp 1750 rpm motor so you will have a hard time stalling it on a heavy cut, especially with the right pulley combination. You will need to supply your own 3-phase power or VFD at this price (I will consider adding a VFD and control box for an additional fee that must be paid in advance). It runs at speeds of about 2700 rpms (for spindles), 1150 (for out of round spindles or balanced bowl blanks) and 500 (for larger or unbalanced items) rpms on three phase power or phase converter. On a VFD, it will run at 0-5000 rpms to turn almost anything you choose. I have a VFD for demonstration purposes that will not be included in the sale.

The motor and pulleys cost me close to $600 so I feel that $600 is a more than fair price given the upgrades, etc. I welcome reasonable offers! This is a cash only sale. It will need to be picked up near Toledo because of the weight.

Please contact me @ pa#nop#hoto@ya#hoo.com (remove the "#" symbols) if you are interested. Send me an email and I will send you larger pics or visit my CraigsList ad here https://toledo.craigslist.org/tls/6600879805.html

Thanks,
Dick

Messages In This Thread

Delta 1440 46-715 Lathe near Toledo, OH
Re: Delta 1440 46-715 Lathe near Toledo, OH
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081