Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
Thoroughly off topic

David Breth
>This morning I was awakened by a ringing phone - about an hour and a half before usual wakeup. The phone is downstairs, but super-loud, so it shakes the rafters and I was quite able to hear it.

I knew I would never get there before the machine would cover, so I let the machine have it, figured I'd deal later. Five minutes later same thing. Five minutes later same thing. I went downstairs. It happened again. I picked up. One little electronic "zoop" sound and that's it. I put down the phone. The process continued. I traced the call, then called the number back.

A Fax Machine.

Perfect. A brainless machine. I called Verizon's 24 hour support line, but learned they are only open from 8am - 5pm (yes, you read that correctly). So I did a reverse lookup online to see if I could find out a business name associated with the fax machine so I could call to make this stop. No dice. So, I do what I should have from the start, which is disconnect the phone. Could not fall back asleep to save my life. When I got to work, I sent a fax to the fax machine to tell them to knock it off. Fax machine was busy. No way - how could that be? Sent a second fax. Hopefully this solves it.

Result: I have a couple of Samsonites under my eyes and a little tiny axe to grind.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081