Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
It's Here ! Thank You Aaron Gesicki !

Brad Vietje
>My turning exchange gift arrived this afternoon, and its a beauty. Aaron made a really pretty 7" segmented Walnut bowl with a delicate S-curve, and a bead around the rim. The base is a solid piece of highly figured dark Black Walnut that looks like it came from a crotch or burl (great chatoyance !), surrounded by 12 segments of a lighter colored Bl. Walnut. The form and finish are beautifully done. I can't post a pic right now, as I'm between cameras, so I hope Aaron can post one.

The postmaster called to tell me I had a package I had to sign for, so I rushed down to get it -- but not before the phone rang -- my wife called, and when I told her I thought my turning exchange gift had arrived, she asked me to wait until she came home, so we could open it together. I tried to put it out of my mind while working on the shop wiring, but it sure was a long wait.

I'll soon be building a display shelf that will extend all the way around the living room, and this piece will be proudly displayed for all to see ! Thanks, Aaron !

Safe Spinning,

Brad Vietje
Newbury, VT

Messages In This Thread

It's Here ! Thank You Aaron Gesicki !
You're Welcome. But - no pictures. *NM*
Bummer ! I'll try to take & post a pic. *NM*
One More Thing
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081