Turning Archive 2006

Subject:
Fun day! *PIC*

Carole in VA
>Got to spend the day with Dick Hines and Barry Irby in Dick's shop. I had to stand on a milk crate to use his PM. (For those of you who don't know him personally, Dick is one tall dude! LOL) He showed me how he does his birdhouse ornaments and I turned one of my little mini hollow forms for his wife. After a great lunch, Dick threw a maple log on the Mustard Monster and showed me how to use the Kelton Hollowing Rig with laser. That sure does make thing easier! I guess I will have to settle for a little Woodcut Tool Gate for now though. We traded all sorts of wood and goodies. What a day! It's so much fun to spend the day with a couple of turning buddies in the shop! Oh, one of the neatest things for me was I got to actually hold and examine an honest to goodness Wally Dickerman original!!!! Wally, you are incredible! :) One other thing, Dick just has to show me his new toy...the one TD calls the Honda. TD, no Honda ever even thought about sounding like that! My ears are still rumbling!
Dick, Ruth and Barry - thanks for giving this newbie turner a GREAT day!

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081