Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
Perfect Vacuum

Jorge Castaneda
>All this timely talk about vacuum systems gave me the kick I needed to complete mine. I got most everything needed a couple months ago and then my bread making work kept me away and plain forgot about it, so yesterday after reading some I gave my projact a hard look, figured out how everything should fit together and decided I needed an elbow to make it easier, a local auto parts store had it, so with no more excuses, it got assembled, a bowl was put in place held by the tailsotock, the vac pump switched on and in a very short time it read 28, so I took the tailstock away and the bowl was spinning true, by now the gauge read a little over 29, Yikes!,the joys of living at sea level, so had to let some air in, lowered the gauge to 15; just to test,I thumped the bowl and it did not budge. So I am pleased with the results so far, but in Jeff Jilg's article he talks about intake filters to protect the pump from saw dust moisture etc, what do you use for a filter and where did you obtain it? or how did you make it?
Inquiring mind needs to know... I want to finish the job before giving it a workout.
Thank in advance
Jorge

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081