Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
WC Sponsor endorsement *LINK*

Doug Trembath
>Those of you who have been familiar with me over the years will recall that I don't often recommend or endorse particular products or vendors unless I find them to be exceptional. Dante DiIanni and I met at the local woodturning club meeting. I found him to be a really nice guy, very accomplished in flatwork, and running a successful woodworking business. He approached me about turning lessons, so when our schedules coincided I spent a Saturday at his shop a few months ago. I also got to know him better, and have found him to be of excellent character and integrity. He has a lot of knowledge regarding woodworking tools and equipment, and has spent long periods of time taking instruction from some of the best in the business. I was flattered that he considered me as an instructor.

I got to see his tool store, of course, and was I impressed! He has tools and materials I have been searching for that are hard to find in the Pittsburgh area. Each time I walked out of the store, I was lugging a big box of goodies, and reveling in the fact that his prices beat anything I had found on the net, in catalogues, and certainly in the woodworking stores that are available around here.

I know there are quite a few guys on WC highly regarded for the quality and pricing of their tools. I think DiLegno (pronounced Dee-yane-yo) is definitely worth a look, and as I say, you will have to go a long way to meet a guy as personable, knowledgeable, and more pleasant company than Dante DiIanno.

He is advertising here on WC, and as such is supporting Ellis's efforts, so take a look at the following link, and see if there's anything you need.

Doug Trembath
Studio in the Woods

Messages In This Thread

WC Sponsor endorsement *LINK*
Ditto *NM*
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081