Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
Raw Deal from Grizzly

Vicmarc.fan
>I know I should have listned to myself saying you get what you pay for. I have seen all the people complain about Grizzly quality yet I could't help myself,I orderded one of those Vicmarc look alike chucks. The chuck sent to me would not "self center". After I cut a spigot and mounted a piece of wood in the chuck you could see the wood moving up and down. I don't know if it was the insert or the jaws or do I care. I called Grizzly customer service and was told to return it with a copy of the postage and they would give me a full refund. My credit card statement came today and no refund from Grizzly. I called Grizzly again today and was told they could't find the chuck defective and charged a 10%restocking fee and couldn't refund the return postage. Turns out to be a he said you said deal and the customer is wrong and Grizzly's tech is right. It was noted by the tech that the merchandise was in new and resalable condition. Maybe I am wrong but it looks to me I paid postage both ways on a defective part and Grizzly still makes a 10% profit on the deal. Maybe more if they never credit my credit card. It's been three weeks since they took delivery of the return. Probly think $30.00 is not worth the trouble to make a big deal out of. Maybe I will cool down but I don't think so.
Ron

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081