Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
2x4 bowl - Absolutely Crummy Picture *PIC*

Mark Kauder, Phenix City, AL
>A couple of years ago, some of you may remember that Ellis hosted a Contest to see what you could make out of a regular 2x4 board. I happened to win the turning division.

Well, one of my wife's friends really liked it, and asked me to make one for her (Red Lacquer). I did this, and she bought it in a silent auction for the American Business Women's Association. Every year since, she has told me that she will buy one in the auction and tells me what color she wants. This year is blue.

The bowl is made from a $2.65 bought at Home Depot and is about 9.5" wide. The inside is painted black, in part to disquise the lead shot I glued in the bottom to make it more stable (w/o it, it is really light).

To Jamie Donaldson, John Lucas, and the other Photo Experts: I know this is a crummy photo for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is I had to move my photo booth to a different room, and I have not worked out all the problems. I had to shoot this today, warts and all, because the auction is tonight.

I have a similar one just about finished, and will post it when I get the photo business sorted out.

Mark

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081