Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
Info on Trend Airshield

Dawn Adams
>It is rare to find great service from companies in this day and age, but I'm happy to tell you about a gentleman who still knows how to conduct business.

I purchased a Trend Airshield about a year ago. A few weeks ago I posted my experiences with this product in response to another post. The next day, I received an e-mail from someone who asked me if my faceshield had developed small cracks. It actually had - and she and I decided to investigate further to see if this was normal or a defect. Since I could not remember who I purchased mine from, I called the company directly. The gentleman's name is Phil Evans. He was not home, but promptly returned my call and told me that the cracks were a defect, and if I could not remember who I purchased it from, he would replace my shield at no charge. The phone call was even pleasant. I had a wonderful conversation (another lost art in this day and age). Within a few days, I received my new shield with a PERSONAL letter. What a great company! If any of you are in the market for a faceshield/air filter, I highly recommend you purchase a Trend from Phil Evans - P & R Distributing, 1(877) 879 - 2796, www.trendairshield.com.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081