Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
Support WoodCentral

Alan Bierbaum, near Denver, CO
>I have meaning to post this for a long time. Now that the Katrina hustle and bustle has died down; I think that it is time. The following is my personal opinion. Everyone has a valid personal opinion (even if you do not agree with me).

WoodCentral needs your support in order to keep going and to expand the great offerings available here. No - I don't have access to the WoodCentral accounting, or Ellis's personal accounting. It cost a lot of money, and time, to keep WoodCentral going. I glean as much information from WoodCentral in a couple of days as I do from one magazine. Considering that a magazine subscription is close to $25 a year; that is what I was personally giving to WoodCentral. Due to my "semi"-retirement; I now have the time available and donate several hours per week to help out (did I mention that I really like the community here?).

Some paid ads help as does the very low key annual fund drive; however continued expansion and functions of WoodCentral depend on the "members" of the community to contribute. Contributions are easy; send a check, use PayPal (yearly or use the monthly plan), or simply put something up on the Benefits Auction Board (if paying money is a problem for you).

I am posting this to the main board, turning, and hand tools.

P.S. - I really need good Sightings pictures. Send them to Sightings@WoodCentral.com, or click on the Sightings link.

Alan near Denver, CO where the first ski area opens in 2 days.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081