Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
wine stoppers *PIC*

John Lucas
>Boy what a day. I turned these wine stoppers this morning. I used Ruth's new Stainless Steel stoppers. I like them. I did have trouble inserting them using CA glue. The fit was so perfect that they wanted to stick before I got them all the way in. I switched to 5 minute epoxy and didn't have any trouble after that. These are indian Rosewood that I got from Howard Elrod at the Southern States Symposium.

After that I had to photograph a new music room dedication and reception. Then a football game. Then I came home and returned a bowl that I screwed up last week. I hope to have some photos of it in the next day or so after I carve on it a little and put some finish on.

Then I moved my new to me Hide a bed couch in by myself. Man those things are heavy. Now I think I'll sit down and draw a design on my latest mirror. Then it will be time for bed. Oh forgot to say that I've been doing laundry when ever I have time to change things from washer to dryer.

Hope I can get this much done tomorrow. I only have to photograph one big group tomorrow afternoon so I should all morning to play in the shop.

Well the blue grass breakdown hour is on. I'm going to roll out the new hide a bed and try it out for a while.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081