Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
Civility to fellow our man...

steve antonucci
>I keep seeing people apologizing for things they've said or done that have been taken "the wrong way". I have to say, I am often more offended by the replies than the original post.

Curtis's recent post underscores this.

Here we have a man that bares his soul to us, a community that we represent as a friendly place, for people with a common interest to socialize, trade stories, and often, act as a sounding board for difficult personal issues.

Curtis offered something deeply personal about his life, and asked for help. While I don't know him personally, I feel apathy for his situation, however misplaced his post seemed. I read it, and even though it was completely in the wrong forum, I had to assume that his intentions were honorable and his story genuine.

I also read some of the follow-up, and I scratched my head? It seemed highly inappropriate, as if people were questioning his honesty? I certainly appreciate that the internet has it's share of "evil-doers", but I also believe that most people are good.

Can people please use more/better judgement here before they start casting stones? I'm tired of reading apologies.

Steve

P.S. If you're still around Curtis, I wish you the best of luck with adopting. I have a friend that adopted 2 wonderful kids from Russia, and another going through the paperwork for foster care...

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081