Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
Locks of Love *PIC*

David
>Not sure if I got the name of the organization correct there in the title, but I did a little project not long ago that I thought was worth sharing. A niece of mine grew her hair long during the summer so she could donate a head full of hair to Locks of Love - they make wigs for people who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy. She did it because her dad is a very recent cancer survivor. She's ten. A very impressive ten years I think. So I made her a little box in which I suggested she put a small lock of her hair, so she would remember this time and what she did. Apparently it was a hit. I just thought it would be a good post, and a good project idea in case you know somebody who is associated with the organization.

It looks a bit like a pawn from a chess set, but I like it, and my little artistic niece thinks it is exceptionally cool, so that's what counts in my book.

The piece is cherry wood, and I couldn't decide on my finish, so it has a smattering of everything on it, mostly tung oil with a wax finish on top. I'll post two pictures.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081