Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
Dateline London: 7-7

DWFII
>I want to offer my heartfelt sympathies and condolences to all of our British members and their fellow citizens...on this day of unspeakable savagry.

When the US was struck on 9-11, the British people stood with us shoulder to shoulder. They have been friends in the worst of times--when our other "fair weather" friends scurried off like rats leaving a sinking ship, they stuck by us.

Although I am not particularly sanguine, given our press and the current political climate, I hope that **our** citizens have the same sense of honour and courage. Let no one say "England deserved this." Because she didn't. I hope we can return the favour and stand by you as well. And I assure you that many of us...most of us...feel the outrage and the pain and are more determined than ever to defeat these animals.

For a nation who suffered the Blitz and who, in the face of destruction and terror far worse that this, never, ever, even contemplated surrendering, know that you have our deepest admiration and our support.

"Don't let the bastards get you down..."

DW
In the High Desert of Central Oregon

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081