Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
Toxicity Question

Barry Irby
>I wear a stainless steel watch. Have worn it for thirty years without problems. Yesterday, I was turning some walnut parts for stools. Sawdust got under the watch. My arm is inflamed in three places. Never noticed this effect before, but it seems to be cause and effect. There was walnut dust and that was where the inflammation was. Anyone else experienced this? Not wearing the watch today and have some cortisone on it. Seems to be getting better. Also turned some spalted river birch earlier in the day. Which one was it and where can I get one of those toxicity charts? Sort of odd, I have turned a lot of walnut over the years.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081