Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
AAW Symposium topics

JamieDonaldson
>I'm a little miffed about many of the negative comments posted in 2 recent threads regarding AAW. This is a member driven organization constituted to serve and support the membership, and I don't find support for claims of elitism and indifference as posted by several WC posters. I have attended 10 Symposiums and demoed at 6, and I am certainly not a famous turner. Comments also mentioned the dearth of subjects such as spindle, square, design,etc.- they haven't been paying attention to the recent schedule of demonstrations. I demoed square bowls and was featured on the annual DVD of demonstrators, and thank God for excellent editing! Design is an extremely difficult subject to teach in small doses-right Keith? If you don't see a subject you want covered, make your suggestions to a Board member, or better yet, become a Board member! Don't expect someone else to act on your silent wishes- get involved! Critic are everywhere, but active participants are much more valuable to a self- supporting organization.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081