Turning Archive 2005

Subject:
John Lucas Demo

Mark Kauder, Phenix City, AL
>I have been so busy the last couple of days, that I have been unable to post about the wonderful Demo that John Lucas did for our club last Saturday.

A couple of months ago, I asked John if he would like to come down and demo for our club. After enchanging a mass of emails, we were able to come up with a date and a subject. Initially I asked John to demo turning his hand mirrors. Only a couple of weeks before he came down, one of our member saw some of John's work, and asked if he could demo "Inside-out Turning". Because we meet on Saturday morning, and don't really have any time constraints, John graciously agreed to demo both subjects.

Our club has more new turners than experienced, so I expected the project based demo on Hand Mirrors to be well received (which it was), but I was really surprised when the more conceptual demo (here is the idea - you figure out what to do with it) on inside-out turning really got a good response.

John and I had a good time talking turning Friday night, and I really enjoyed the demos.

I highly recommend John as a demonstrator.

Mark

Messages In This Thread

John Lucas Demo
Re: John Lucas Demo
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081